The grind of the delivery game is enough to get to anybody. The traffic, the trips in and out of the car, and the wear and tear on your nerves from dealing with nasty restaurant workers or cranky customers can make you the gig tough. In some cases, you even have to do the shopping if you’re delivering groceries.
Being a delivery driver isn’t bad at all, but sometimes you might feel like switching things up with a different type of gig.
A company with a special niche has burst onto the scene. Weee! lets you deliver specialty foods without requiring you to do shopping for the items or making you deal with poor treatment from customers on both sides of the delivery. Weee! provides an alternative and supplies an encouraging answer to that persistent question: How much do delivery drivers make?
In this blog post, we’ll tell you more about Weee! and how you can hop aboard this express train to better earnings and greater job satisfaction. Here are the things we’ll share:
- how to earn more as a delivery driver with Weee!
- how to get started with Weee!
- pro tips for great Weee! driving
How to earn more as a delivery driver with Weee!
Weee! is a truly unique delivery company. As a Weee! driver, you’ll pick up foods from grocery stores that specialize in Asian and Hispanic items. You do not have to do the shopping, pack the bags, or scamper through the store looking for substitutions. Weee! drivers simply pick up orders that have been prepared inside the store or Weee! warehouse and deliver them.
That’s simple, and sounds pretty sweet, compared to what you have to do when you drive for other companies. All the Instacart driver advice in the world won’t help you avoid the hustle of doing all the shopping and delivering. With Weee! you won’t have any worries. You simply pick up and deliver, from the store or Weee! hub to the customer.
As for earnings, Weee! is way out in front of the rest of the pack. Indeed.com lists Weee! earnings at an average of $24.30 per hour! That’s 51% over the national average. Gridwise data show that Instacart shoppers earned between $15 and $16 per hour in the first months of 2022. Hourly earnings for Grubhub and DoorDash drivers hover around $15 as well, as you’ll discover in this Gridwise blog post. So, as you can see, you can earn way more with Weee!
In 2015, when Weee! started out, it focused on West Coast markets such as Seattle, Los Angeles, and the San Francisco Bay area. Its niche delivery business has boomed since then, and Weee! now delivers all over North America. People from all over love these specialty items, so Weee! has been welcomed almost everywhere. Here’s a listing of all the cities where Weee! delivers.
Weee! is wildly popular and as it continues to grow, the company is looking for more drivers. The job is simple and straightforward. Here’s all they want you to do:
- pick up orders from local stores and hubs, then safely load them into your personal vehicle
- deliver and unload the correct orders to delivery locations, professionally and safely
- always follow designated sanitation and safety guidelines
To drive for Weee! you’ll need to
- have a valid driver’s license
- drive an SUV or minivan
- be 21 years of age or more
- have a clean criminal and driving record
- not have any accidents caused by you in the last 3 years
- have no more than 1 moving violation in the last 4 years
- not have any DUIs or DWIs
- have a phone with iOS 11.0 or later, or current Android phone
To sign up, visit the Weee! website, download the app, and as soon as you’re approved, you’ll be ready to make so much more money, you won’t be able to stop yourself from saying “Weee!”
For those of you looking for DoorDash driver advice or Uber Eats driver advice, Weee! has great news for you. After a recent injection of investor funding, Weee! plans to expand into restaurant food delivery!
Now that you’re ready for a great experience driving with Weee!, let’s make sure you get geared up to do it right.
Pro tips for great Weee! driving
There’s no doubt that Weee! makes gig driving easy, and even fun. Still, there are some things you need that take you beyond the basics. Gig driving is your business, so you’ll need to track your earnings and log your expenses.
There’s no better way to do that than with the best mileage tracker app there is, Gridwise! This handy app counts up your miles and all your expenses. Just enter them as they come along.
On top of that, Gridwise gives you features, discounts, and offers including:
- weather and traffic alerts
- event information
- inside info on When to Drive and Where to Drive
- access to low-cost insurance
- discounts and deals for drivers
Once you’re riding with the best free mileage tracker app out there, you can get to some other items you might want to have on hand to ensure your success with Weee! These include
- insulated bags: Some deliveries from grocery stores include prepared items that need to be kept warm, as well as frozen items that need to stay that way.
- cargo area organizer: Separate your orders and keep track of what goes to whom with devices that keep your orders straight, letting the boxes and bags to remain upright.
- a dolly or wagon: Some of your Weee! orders could be on the large side, so you’ll want to be able to deliver them in a professional manner. A dolly, wagon, or cart could protect your deliverables and help you prevent injuries from trying to haul too heavy of a load.
It’s time to get psyched, drivers! You’ve got a lot of delivery talent and gig driving savvy, and Weee! has got a lot to offer, including a simple work model, a growing market, and hourly earnings that are 51% above the national average!